Facial fillers are a common choice for individuals looking to improve their looks without undergoing invasive surgery. Their increasing popularity isn’t merely a trend; it speaks to people’s need for instantaneous, observable changes without any downtime. It is commonly known that facial fillers can smooth wrinkles, restore volume to parts of the face that have lost it, and shape the face. But what exactly occurs when you get a face filler treatment? It involves more than just giving yourself a subcutaneous injection. Realizing that both science and art involved might assist with clarifying the procedure and setting reasonable expectations.
What are Facial Fillers?
Hyaluronic acid-based KOR facial fillers are intended to restore lost facial volume due to aging. These fillers smooth out wrinkles and improve full lips and facial moisture. They even provide a way to lessen the depth of acne scars, which makes them appear less noticeable.
The structural integrity of our skin deteriorates with age, causing early indications of aging, sagging, and decreased suppleness. KOR dermal fillers provide effects that are both obvious and subtle, transforming the skin in a way that is both natural-looking and effective. When applied skillfully, they maintain your natural appearance while restoring youthful facial contours.
At KOR Medspa, we specialize in reviving and volumizing skin using premium dermal fillers like JUVÉDERM® and RADIESSE®. Over time, the body safely and gradually absorbs these fillers. These face fillers have varying lifespans, usually ranging from six months to two years, depending on several personal circumstances.
Consultation and Assessment
Consultation and assessment are always the first important steps in the face filler process. This first step is not merely a formality; it is an essential component of the procedure that guarantees your treatment is tailored to your individual requirements and aesthetic objectives.
A knowledgeable expert takes the time to comprehend your unique goals and aspirations throughout the session. They’ll inquire about your filler goals—whether to improve specific features, add back lost volume, or treat particular issues like fine lines or scars.
A thorough analysis of your face is part of the consultation’s assessment phase. The expert will examine several factors, including bone structure, skin condition, and any potential areas for improvement. This is important because it helps choose the best injection locations and the most appropriate filler type to provide a harmonious and natural effect.
You can also address any concerns or medical history that may impact the course of therapy at this phase of consultation and assessment. You will be made aware of the different kinds of fillers available, the process involved, any possible side effects, and what to anticipate from the healing process.
Pre-procedure preparations are a vital part of your facial fillers journey. Adhering to these guidelines can significantly influence the success of your treatment and minimize potential risks. Here’s a list of what you should consider before undergoing a filler procedure:
- Avoid Blood-Thinning Medications and Supplements: It’s important to stop taking medications like aspirin or ibuprofen and supplements such as fish oil, vitamin E, and ginseng a few days before the procedure. These can increase the risk of bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Refrain from Alcoholic Beverages: Alcohol, known for its blood-thinning properties, should be avoided for at least 24 hours before the treatment to reduce the likelihood of bruising and swelling.
- Stay Hydrated, But Skip Certain Beverages: While staying hydrated is crucial, try to avoid drinks that can increase bruising risk, like green tea or coffee, due to their blood-thinning effects.
- Mind Your Skin Care Regimen: Avoid harsh skin treatments such as chemical peels or laser procedures in the weeks leading up to your filler appointment. Additionally, steer clear of topical products containing retinoids or glycolic acid a few days prior.
- Schedule Around Social Events: Given that some swelling or bruising might occur, it’s wise to schedule your treatment when you don’t have major events or social gatherings immediately after.
- Eat a Healthy Meal Beforehand: Having a nutritious meal before your appointment can help prevent feelings of lightheadedness during the procedure.
The Procedure Process
The procedure process of facial fillers is a meticulously crafted journey, blending artistry with medical precision. It’s a multi-step process, designed to enhance your facial features while ensuring safety and comfort.
- Initial Consultation and Skin Cleansing: The procedure typically starts with a final consultation to review your goals and the plan for the session. Following this, the targeted area of your face will be thoroughly cleansed. This step is crucial to prevent any risk of infection.
- Marking the Injection Sites: Based on the initial assessment, your practitioner will carefully mark the specific areas on your skin where the fillers will be injected.
- The Injection Process: The actual injection process is quite swift and precise. Using a fine needle, the filler is injected into the predetermined areas. The practitioner may gently massage the area to ensure even filler distribution and sculpt it into the desired contour.
- Immediate Post-Procedure Care: After the injections, you’ll typically receive a cold pack to reduce swelling and minimize discomfort. The practitioner will also review post-procedure care instructions, including how to handle any swelling or bruising and when to schedule a follow-up appointment.
- Duration of the Procedure: The entire process, from preparation to completion, usually takes about 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the areas treated and the volume of filler used.
Post-Procedure Care and Recovery
Mild swelling, redness, or bruises are normal after face filler treatments, and they usually go away in a few days. Avoid intense physical activity and hot weather for the first 24 to 48 hours after surgery to minimize edema and stop filler displacement. For alleviation, apply cold compresses; do not massage the regions that have been treated. Follow a mild skincare regimen and wait at least a day to wear heavy makeup. Healing is aided by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and drinking plenty of water. For best results, make sure you follow your practitioner’s specific aftercare instructions. You may also need to schedule follow-up visits.
Are you prepared to embrace a more youthful, refreshed appearance with facial filler treatments from KOR Medspa? Our team gives you individualized attention and gorgeous, natural-looking results. We can help with every step of the process, whether your goal is to add volume to your features, smooth out fine lines, or enhance your facial contours. Don’t wait to improve your appearance and self-esteem. Book an appointment for your assessment with KOR Medspa right now to experience the life-changing potential of our facial filler treatments. Allow us to assist you in getting the stunning, natural look that you deserve!